July 5, 2006 Leave a comment
Data Center Linux Systems Administrator – EU Headquarters
This is a permanent, full time position based in Dublin
Google is the premier provider of Internet search and has the most advanced
search technology in the world.
We are looking for exceptional System Administrators, at all levels of
to support our growing server infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will
- work effectively alone, as part of a team or as the technical lead in a
small group of technicians.
- be goal-oriented
- be able to handle interrupts while fluidly switching between several
- take a “work smarter, not harder” approach.
- enjoy looking for opportunities to come up with solutions to difficult
- Configure systems and network devices
- Monitor system stability and performance
- Help develop tools to monitor and maintain systems
- Ensure 24×7 operation
- Proactively scale systems to meet anticipated demand
- Write comprehensive documentation
- Assist in the training of other systems administrators
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of webservers, firewalls/security, DNS, MTAs etc.
- Programming/scripting ability: Python, Bash, Perl, C
- Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding customer service
For further information please visit http://www.google.com/jobs or email your CV
email@example.com. In the subject box you must include the job title: Data
Center Linux Systems Administrator – EU Headquarters.