November 21, 2006 1 Comment
I’m in shock. I don’t normally get this kind of treatment from a hosting company.
Normal Version (for more see this post)
- Try something vaugely technical and fail
- Post support ticket on website
- Have support ticket ignored
- Post another support ticket , have it ignored
- Have credit card billed for hosting
- Repeat steps 2-5 until hosting company dies (it actually happened).
- Try to upgrade to PHP5 (latest version of the language the website is written in)
- Find good script on support section of hosting company website
- Script fails near end (these things happen), raise support ticket.
- Get response within 6 hours (hmm , that’s strangely fast!).
- Shock! Not only have the updated the script, but they’ve actually gone and performed the upgrade for me , saving me about 2 hours work.
- Still not believing 5 , I double check the upgrade , and yes, they’ve actually done it!
Now , if only they could do something about the name (I’ve lived in New Zealand , so I know Rimu is actually a type of tree, but a lot people just think it’s rude!).