And the winners of the Feedburner T-Shirts (as chosen by our completely automated selection process) are …. at the bottom of this post.
In another shock scandal, Bernie Goldbach got disqualified by following a link from his own blog. He did send the most (25) commenters our way, and since we’re making this up as we go along, if anybody doesn’t take up their prize , I’ll pass one onto him.
Thanks to everybody who took part , and to everybody who posted the message on their blogs! (Bernie , Damian, Phil, Billy Leo and Podcasting Ireland.
Drum Roll please …. The winners are ….
What happens next? I have the winners emails , so I will contact them directly to arrange posting the stuff out.
You may remember our ‘Free beer at the Irish Blog Awards competition‘. Well FeedBurner have smiled from on high at our efforts, and decided to donate some goodies to the cause.
So, in the spirit of increasing everybody’s subscriber numbers I’m going to give YOU the gear to give away on YOUR blog. Here’s how it works:
1) Leave me a comment on this blog. WordPress will ask for your email when you leave a comment, but it won’t be publicly displayed.
2) Sometime next week, I’ll ask you (by email) to post on your blog. I’ll even give you a bit of advance notice . Most blogs allow you to publish at a given time in the future , so you don’t even have to be there to push the button.
3) I’ll be asking your readers to leave a comment on this post. We’ll leave the lines open for a couple of hours, then pick 3 comments at random to win the stuff.
To keep it clean , you can’t giveaway the stuff on your blog and win at the same time. I’ll reserve the right to change the rules if somebody blatently tries to cheat (not that it would be hard!).
Unfortunately , because I’m not a photo blogger , I couldn’t get a clear shot of what the goodies look like. Trust me that they’re pretty cool.
- 1st Prize : A long sleeved FeedBurner Jersey, and assorted stickers and badges.
- 2nd Prize : A T-Shirt with the FeedBurner logo, and assorted stickers and badges.
- 3rd Prize : Just the T-Shirt with the FeedBurner Logo.
I’ll post the stuff direct to whichever reader of yours wins – so it doesn’t matter what sort of blog you have, where you’re located , or where your readers come from.
Read this first to understand what is going on.
Leave a Comment with (1) your name , (2) email (will be hidden) and (3) the blog that sent you here.
Only comments that include all three items are in with a chance of winning. Winner will be drawn from the people who leave comments on Tuesday 27th Feb.
I was on the train home this evening. Sitting opposite me was an elderly lady. I saw her give me funny looks as I worked away on the Laptop. Just before I got off the train at Drogheda, she turned and asked me (in the sort of low voice normally used when trying to purchase hard drugs):
Tell me. Do ye skype?
That’s it. Voip is definately mainstream. And Grandad‘s wife is probably on the lose.
In a shock turn to the Irish Blog awards, Damien Mulley has been revealed (allegedly) to be in receipt of a pint for his efforts in the ‘increase your subscribers on feedburner‘ award. Anonymous sources detailled his use of the Irish Blog Award feed (which increased it’s readers 32 times) to win this prestigious award, which is the premier alcohol based award in the Irish Blogosphere.
We didn’t bother asking Damien for a quote about these allegations, prefering instead just to
make it all up buy him the pint. In the interests of fairness, Runners up Richard Hearne (offering free Search Engine Optimisation) and Eoghan McCabe (offering 2000 Euro worth of his time) were also not asked to comment.
Organiser of the competition , Paul Browne, is understood to be lining up a round 3 to give away goodies donated by Feedburner themselves, once the libel action with Damien is settled.
Final results for round 2 are below, and also many thanks to Ken, Conor, Aidan, James, Robin, Tom, Thomas and Damian for taking part. If you put your name down for round 3, I’ll be touch once I figured out the best way to give away the Feedburner stuff, and more importantly, how to do it to help your figures 🙂
To take up on Richard’s Kind Offer to all Irish Blog Award nominees.
- Just a little background on your website.
- category you are nominated;
Best Business / Best Technology Blogger
- your blog’s topic or niche;
Enterprise Development and Technology used by Business.
- your target audience;
Decision Makers within the Top 500 Irish Companies.
- how long you’ve been blogging; 2 yrs +
- how old is your domain; 7 Years
- the names/URLs of a few other sites, competitors or friends, in your niche ;
Similar Audience to Silicon Republic , Zdnet , Irish Times Business Section.
- Trackback Done
- Tell me what you want to achieve SEO wise;
Have the Technology audience (fairly) well covered, want to improve my exposure to Business people with a technical interest.