We’re big fans of Sugar CRM, and have recommended it to clients in the past. It does Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – basically the numbers you have in your mobile, but at a corporate rather than an individual level. We proposed integrating it with a (Java Based) billing system – we didn’t want to have to build (yet another) contact management system, as the value add was integration. Getting PHP (the web scripting language that Sugar is written in) to work with Java is getting easier but not straightforward. But hey, that’s what we do.
So it in Friday’s Irish Times Business section (main part), I was surprised to see Sugar advertising for people for their Dublin European HQ (I obviously missed this press release back in March announcing the opening). The ad in the main part says ‘look at page 19 of the jobs section’. Page 19 exists, but no Sugar CRM ad. Strange.
Michele (him of Blacknight) talks a lot about Sugar CRM, from the hosting point of view.
Update: Link to the Sugar CRM Careers page (includes CRM Jobs in Dublin)
It may be 10 days to early , but the time I tweak it with all the bits and pieces from the previous theme (Google Analytics and Search, Linked In, Photo, Top Picture, Feedburner etc.) it may well be January.
That and the previous theme didn’t like Internet Explorer 6 too much.
[link to wordpress]
This one is called fluid-index and is available from the WordPress site.
I’m in shock. I don’t normally get this kind of treatment from a hosting company.
Normal Version (for more see this post)
- Try something vaugely technical and fail
- Post support ticket on website
- Have support ticket ignored
- Post another support ticket , have it ignored
- Have credit card billed for hosting
- Repeat steps 2-5 until hosting company dies (it actually happened).
- Try to upgrade to PHP5 (latest version of the language the website is written in)
- Find good script on support section of hosting company website
- Script fails near end (these things happen), raise support ticket.
- Get response within 6 hours (hmm , that’s strangely fast!).
- Shock! Not only have the updated the script, but they’ve actually gone and performed the upgrade for me , saving me about 2 hours work.
- Still not believing 5 , I double check the upgrade , and yes, they’ve actually done it!
Now , if only they could do something about the name (I’ve lived in New Zealand , so I know Rimu is actually a type of tree, but a lot people just think it’s rude!).