You may remember we did the Enterprise Java presentation at DCU back in October for the wireless skillnet in Ireland. We’re doing a follow up presentation, this time in Central Dublin, on the 22nd January. The audience is mainly business people with some sort of interest or connection with technology.
Irish Dev has more details.
The topics covered include:
- What Problem are we trying to solve?
- Enterprise Java Architecture Overview.
- Benefits to the Enterprise.
- Alternatives (.Net , PHP , Oracle , Lightweight Java Frameworks , scripting)
- Vendors (IBM, Oracle, Sun , Bea , JBoss and SAP)
- Market Trends – Resource availability (can we get the people to do this?)
- Enterprise Web 2.0 and Service Orientated Aritecture (SOA).
- Integrating with other Systems ( Legacy Systems, Oracle etc)
- Enterprise Java Beans 3 (EJB3)
- Middleware (MOM, Rule Engines, Workflow)
- Security – Application and Server Level including Java Access & Authorization Service (JAAS).
- Frameworks (Struts , JSF, ADF, DWR, Spring, Hibernate)
- .Net interoperability
- What’s next for Enterprise Java?