From the ICS Newsletter:
Sales people or managers responsible for selling or marketing IT solutions at the “C” level are strongly encouraged to attend this wine and cheese evening event. IT buyers from Ireland ’s top organisations including Dunnes, AXA, AIB, and Vhi will provide insight into their decision-making criteria.
Date: Thursday January 25th
Time: 6 pm
Venue: ICS, Cresent Hall, Mount St. Crescent,Dublin 2
Cost: Free to members of ICS and the Sales Institute
€25 to all others
To register: Contact Edwina Fogarty, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01 6447820
- Listen to and meet IT buyers with a combined IT budget in excess of €1billion
- Understand what solutions these key decision making executives are really looking for.
- Get an insight into what decision criteria they will use before purchase.
- Learn how to get in front of these people and how they will look to you to add value to them.
- Meet other IT Sales people who may have a complimentary offering to your own, whom you can partner effectively with.
Format of the evening
- 6.00pm – Each executive will speak for about 7 minutes on what they are looking to achieve with their IT purchases and what they are looking for from sales people.
- 6.30pm – There will then be a question and answer session, chaired by Peter Lawless, where you can pose your questions directly to the speakers.
- 7.00pm – The formal part of the evening will then be followed by a wine and cheese reception where you will have an opportunity to network and follow up on the advice you have just been given by the speakers.
Vincent Nolan, CIO, Dunnes Stores
Padraic Mills, CIO, AXA
Paul Williams, Head of Procurement, AIB
Gerry Quinn, IT Director, Eircom
Mick Furlong, IT Director, VHI
Leo Lundy, Chief Technical Officer, Imagine Group
Peter Lawless, Chairman IT Sales Network and Founder 3R Sales & Marketing
Peter Lawless, is the founder of 3R Sales and Marketing, an Irish Business development consultancy. Peter Lawless is a proven business growth guru, with over 20 years in industry. Hundreds of owners of small and medium businesses, both national and international, have benefited from his advice and expertise.
Serving as a mentor of Enterprise Ireland and an external examiner for Dublin Insitutute of Technology, Peter is also on the boards of a number of other companies. A fellow of the Sales Institute and The Irish Computer Society, Peter is a member of the Marketing Institute, the Irish Internet Association, the Irish Software Association and the Chamber of Commerce.
Update: It has just been pointed out to me that the Irish computer society do not have an RSS feed on their website.