I was curious about who the other sponsors are of the Irish Blog Awards. There’s no list of the ‘sponsors blogs’ , so I did a bit of investigation. The links below are either the Sponsoring companies blogs, or people that (I think) work for them. If I got something wrong, leave a comment.
- Best Blog Post – sponsored by Hosting365 (Blog)
- Most Humorous Post – sponsored by Beecher Networks (blog)
- Best Photo Blog – sponsored by pixenate.com – The online photo editor (blog)
- Best Arts and Culture Blog – sponsored by Poetry Ireland. Related Blog: www.petersirr.blogspot.com
- Best Political Blog – sponsored by Technofutures no blog!!
- Best Group Blog – sponsored by PutPlace. Joe Drumgooles Blog.
- Best Personal Blog – sponsored by Interactions (blog)
- Best Use of the Irish Language in a Blog – sponsored by Edgecast Media (blog)
- Best Contribution to the Irish Bloggersphere – sponsored by FirstPartners.net (that’s us!).
- Best Technology Blog/Blogger – sponsored by Bitzbuzz. Am guessing that this is bitbuzz – Alex French Blog (guess!)
- Best Designed Blog – sponsored by Equisoft No Blog!!
- Best Sport & Recreation Blog – sponsored by Boards.ie – John Breslin.
- Best News/Current Affairs Blog – sponsored by the Sunday Tribune– blog of Richard Delevan
- Best Specialist Blog – sponsored by iQ Content (Blog)
- Best Newcomer – sponsored by Edelman (link to Piaras Kelly’s Blog)
- Best Business Blog – sponsored by logic+intuition (blog)
- Best Music Blog – sponsored by Clubbing.ie – No Blog!!
- Best Podcast – reserved
- Best Podcaster – sponsored by Microsoft. Bill’s blog , but more likely the sponsorship came from Clare Dillon , who’s been Microsoft’s Representative
on earthin the blogging community for some time.
- Best Videocast – reserved
Update 1: Edelman link corrected.
Just spotted your link to our blog. My brother and I make up logic+intuition. As noted above we are sponsoring the Best Business Blog.
In fact we have three blogs! One is in French so I’ll spare you that. The other called Yclick.it. It’s a fair bit more developed than the one you mentioned above.
Thanks for the mention!
Peut-etre que je parle du francais comme une vache espagnole, mais je suis sur que je pourrais essayer de le comprendre ….
(C’est un blog ou une blog?)
notre blog s’appelle Le Blog donc je crois que c’est ‘un’ blog!
Tell me how you get on!
J’arrive de lire le blog, donc c’est clair que vous l’ecrivez pour les enfants de 6 a 8 ans 🙂
Seriously , do you find yourself writing the same posts on both blogs? How do the reader figures stack up?
Yeah we tend to write the same posts on both the main blogs. And then Yclickit is bilingual anyway.
Readership wise it’s about 50/50 french to english readership.