People we met at the pre-blog meetup
- Eddie from McGarr Solictors; Keep up the good work – yes at least one non-legal reader can follow your blog, and I suspect that there are many more.
- EllyBabes. I’ve volunteered to help organize Barcamp Dublin. I don’t even have the excuse of being drunk. And now I’ve gone and put it in writing , so I’ll really have to help.
- Tom and Damien, and ended up stuffing things into paper bags (I’m sure that wasn’t on the original invitation).
- Antoin from Eire.com , busy handing out fon.com cards (and he has me almost sold on the concept).
- GrannyMar. She’s a lovely lady, and was very graceful about my confusing her with Grandad’s wife.
- Eoin O’Dell – cearta.ie, who wasn’t able to stay for the rest of the evening
At the Awards themselves (mainly beside the bar, take from that what you will)
- Bernie Goldbach. Ungrateful sod that he is , gave away the award that we sponsored. I couldn’t have done it better myself, given that I originally wanted to nominate Damien for the category.
- Keith Bohanna, who looks exactly like his photo on his blog (don’t know if that is good or bad – see next point).
- Krishna De, who told me I should lose the tie in the photo (top right) , and she’s probably right.
- Ann from Allagi, also nominated for ‘Best business blog’ , but lost out to the Ice Cream guys (below).
- Conor from LouderVoice – as funny in the person as he is on his (award winning) blog posts.
- Thomas Holmes (YClickit) and Eoghan McCabe , fellow
conspiratorscompetitors in the pint competition. Thomas is living my ideal lifesytle (working remotely , living in Montpellier France. It might also be worthwhile (hint) subscribing to Eogans blog today.
- Richard Hearne, Red Cardinal. Target number 2 for lifestyle Jealously with 6 months a year in Thailand.
- Joe Drumgoole , yet I still don’t understand what ‘ace king – check it out’ means (see the top of is blog page). Maybe if I help organise barcamp dublin he’ll let me in on the secret.
- Roger Galligan , from irishblogs.ie. Yes I do know the difference between you and boards.ie 🙂
- Conn Ó Muíneacháin. Giving the (Irish Language) awards away this year, instead of winning them
and pings for the people that we didn’t meet …
- Brian Honan couldn’t make it (he was nominated for best business blog), but lost out in the end to the Ice Cream guys.
- Ken McGuire, who I still owe a pint (unless he can come up with a ‘double or quits’ scheme).
- Kieran from Ice Cream Ireland. He must have been surrounded by frozen food groupies 🙂
- Lar from IQ Content – almost got talking a couple of times, but generally one or other of us got sidetracked.